1984 Monk Trawler
BRING ALL OFFERS! PRICE DROP 1-31-18 $51,700$ OWNER IS MOTIVATED TO SELL!!!
Tatanka is a classic trawler designed by renowned naval architect Ed Monk Sr. She is powered by a single Yanmar 175 hp turbo/aftercooled diesel engine which was a factory upgrade and offers all fiberglass decks with an aft Bomar hatch. Fuel consumption 2.5 GPH with an 800 mile range making her a North West cruising veteran and economical coastal cruiser.
The Monk 36 does an excellent job of maintaining the original concept of the trawler yacht as a safe, comfortable cruising yacht. They are solidly constructed of hand laid fiberglass and resin with solid laminate hulls and FRP stringers. The hull features a skag-protected prop as well as an upswept highly flared bow which contributes to her dry ride. Mast and boom are solid mahogany. This design can be described as a graceful aft-cabin trawler offering a mix of simplicity, comfort and seaworthiness.
Her layout includes two staterooms, two heads, with tub/shower in master, teak main cabin salon with shared dinette / galley, dual helm stations with hydraulic steering, aft trunk deck, and flybridge with new bimini top and window coverings. This trawler has an abundance of storage throughout making her an excellent liveaboard. It is equipped with Garmin 4210 Chartplotter, Raymarie SL72 Radar. Tatanka received new bottom paint, zincs, rudder assembly rebuilt and rudder enlarged for improved handling May 2017.
Her length overall is 39’ 10”, length on deck 36’ feet, beam is 13 feet and the draft is 4 feet to the bottom of the keel.
Tatanka is the lowest priced Monk 36’ on the market at $53,300.00. Bring offers, seller wants her sold in 2017.
2004, R&R stainless steel stern tube shaft.
2011 replaced exhaust muffler
- bottom paint
- rebuild sea strainer, remove and replace thru hull intake valve and intake hoses.
- New upholstery on dinette cushions and forward berth mattress.
- New water heater
- install Garmin 4210 with transducer
- 6 new house & start batteries and battery boxes.
- Rebuilt starter
- New exhaust hose from turbo to muffler
- Replaced port side fuel fill hose between deck and fuel tank
- Oil cooler & heat exchanger cleaned
- Valves inspected and adjusted
- Turbo removed and inspected
- Replaced two aft cabin windows, one salon window and re-sealed windows.
- Engine Zincs
- Rebuilt bronze mixing elbow
- New pressure pump
- May 2017 bottom paint & zincs
- Rudder removed and enlarged, doubling square inches over factory rudder. Improved steering at low speed, in reverse and no over-steering.
- Rudder assembly packed, rebuilt and painted.
- Cap and handrail varnished
- New exterior sunbrella window coverings, Bimini and cover.
LOA: 40' feet
Name: Monk Trawler
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Inboard
Located In: Stockton, CA
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.